Town of Dunkirk, Wisconsin

Ordinances, Plans and Permits

black and white photo of town hall


Coming soon

Back to top


Comprehensive Land Use Plan

The Plan Commission


Building Permits

Town residents must contact the Building Inspector to determine what local permits and inspections are needed for any construction, including new construction, remodeling and additions.

Local Building Permits require the following information:

Checks should be made out to Town of Dunkirk.

You can download the Permit Application. The fee schedule for building permits is with the building permit file. If you need to petition the Plan Commission about a change, you can find petitioning process information here.

For information about Dane County Zoning Permits, contact the Dane County Department of Planning and Development at 210 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd, Room 116, Madison, WI 53703 or 608-266-4251. The Department also has a website at

Dog Licenses

Wisconsin state law requires dog owners to license their dogs every year. All dog owners must present a Certificate of Rabies to their local municipal government and apply for a dog license. When a dog receives a rabies vaccination, the veterinarian gives the Certificate of Rabies and a Rabies Tag to the owner. The Rabies Tag is not a dog license.

Even if a dog received a 3-year rabies vaccine, the owner must present a Certificate of Rabies every year to license a dog.

All dog licenses expire on December 31st of each year. The license can be applied for through the mail.

When applying for a dog license, include the following items:

Back to top