Town of Dunkirk
Dane County, Wisconsin
Town Board Meeting Minutes
December 7, 2020
Dunkirk Town Hall
654 County Highway N
Chairman Monsen called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m. Also present were Supervisor Ted Olson, Supervisor Daniel Jenks, Treasurer Bonnie Smithback, Constable Greg Holte and Clerk Melanie Huchthausen. See attached sign-in sheet for others present.
1. Welcome and Pledge of Allegiance. The Pledge of Allegiance was led by Constable Holte.
2. Approval of Agenda. Supervisor Olson stated a motion to approve the agenda as presented. Motion was seconded by Supervisor Jenks. Motion carried 3-0.
3. Minutes: Chairman Monsen asked if everyone read the minutes. Supervisor Jenks stated a motion to approve the minutes of the regular meeting of November 16, 2020. Motion was seconded by Supervisor Olson. Motion carried 3-0.
4. Report on Bills: Supervisor Olson stated a motion to accept and approve the bills payable in the amount $28,019.52. Motion was seconded by Supervisor Jenks. Motion carried 3-0.
5. Public Comment: Bob Dvorak was in attendance to discuss what he is doing with his property north of the City of Stoughton, including land annexed into the Town on Velkommen Way. He presented his most updated concept plan. The park and two ponds will be closest to the Eggleson’s Woods residents, so they will not have homes close to them. The parks and ponds will be maintained by the City of Stoughton. Services will be hooked up off of Nygaard Street on Virgin Lake. During construction, their intention is to raise Velkommen Way six to eight feet to get the elevations to tie well into Nygaard and Highway 51. They would like to remove the barricades on Barberry for approximately 120 days, reroute our residents onto Nygaard for a time to prepare the roadway and install the services. The City will restore the road to its current condition. Mr. Dvorak has spoken with or emailed a number of the Eggleson’s Woods residents to share his plans. Chairman Monsen received a phone call from Mayor Swadley asking if the Town would like the City to annex Eggleson’s Woods. Chairman Monsen advised we are not interested and we do not believe the residents are either.
6. Treasurer’s Report: Treasurer Smithback gave the treasurer's report, a copy of which is attached and made a part of these minutes. Supervisor Jenks stated a motion to approve the Treasurer’s Report. Motion was seconded by Supervisor Olson. Motion carried 3-0.
7. Clerk's Report: None.
8. Road Crew: None.
9. Constable Report: (1) Holte received an email from a resident with complaints of dog running at large. He spoke with the resident regarding the complaints and purchasing tags. (2) He also spoke with a hunter who was unaware of the ordinance regarding no rifle use during the nine day deer hunt.
10. Complaints: None.
11. Unfinished Business:
12. New Business:
a. Discussion and necessary action on end of year newsletter. The
Clerk provided the draft newsletter for review and changes were made.
13. Future Agenda Items.
14. Adjournment: No further business, Supervisor Olson stated a motion to adjourn the meeting at 7:30 p.m. Motion was seconded by Supervisor Jenks. Motion carried 3-0.
Melanie Huchthausen, Clerk
List of attendees
Copy of Bills
Copy of agenda for December 7, 2020 meeting
Copy of Treasurer’s Report
Copy of Clerk’s Report