Town of Dunkirk
Dane County, Wisconsin
Town Board Meeting Minutes
May 3, 2021
Dunkirk Town Hall
654 County Highway N
Chairman Monsen called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m. Also present were Supervisor Ted Olson, Supervisor Daniel Jenks, Treasurer Bonnie Smithback, Constable Greg Holte and Clerk Melanie Huchthausen. See attached sign-in sheet for others present.
1. Welcome and Pledge of Allegiance. The Pledge of Allegiance was led by Veteran Jack Lyon.
2. Approval of Agenda. Supervisor Olson stated a motion to approve the agenda as presented. Motion was seconded by Supervisor Jenks. Motion carried 3-0.
3. Minutes: Chairman Monsen asked if everyone read the minutes. Supervisor Jenks stated a motion to approve the minutes of the regular meeting of April 19, 2021. Motion was seconded by Supervisor Olson. Motion carried 3-0.
4. Report on Bills: Supervisor Olson stated a motion to accept and approve the bills payable in the amount $25,744.08. Motion was seconded by Supervisor Jenks. Motion carried 3-0.
5. Public Comment: None.
6. Treasurer’s Report: Treasurer Smithback gave the treasurer's report, a copy of which is attached and made a part of these minutes. Supervisor Jenks stated a motion to approve the Treasurer’s Report. Motion was seconded by Supervisor Olson. Motion carried 3-0.
7. Clerk's Report: Clerk Huchthausen gave the Clerk’s report, a copy of which is attached and made a part of these minutes. Supervisor Jenks stated a motion to approve the Clerk’s Report. Motion was seconded by Supervisor Olson. Motion carried 3-0.
8. Road Crew: Gretebeck was contacted by the new owner of the property at the corner of Isham and Taylor Lane for a driveway permit. A permit was not granted due to the wetland delineation. The Clerk was also contacted by the gentleman regarding development and annexation.
9. Constable Report: (1) Holte has had complaints from Mrs. Stronach regarding the Every property. A discussion has been had regarding Mr. Every installing a driveway off of Hogie Road. (2) He received a call from a resident regarding increased activity at the Anderson property on County Highway N.
10. Complaints: Tom Sinks from McGinnis Road has complained of increased traffic with rapid speed. He is wondering if the speed limit can be lowered to 45 miles per hour. The Clerk advised Mr. Sinks that the matter will be discussed. Road Crew Foreman Mark Gretebeck advised no town road is a rural road any longer.
11. Unfinished Business:
a. Discussion and necessary action on identified names offered by
the Stoughton Area Senior Center as outreach to those in need in Dunkirk. No action taken.
b. Discussion and necessary action on rural broadband work in the
County. James Danky has been appointed to the County rural broadband committee. A nice article was in the newspaper and he was on the news. No action taken.
12. New Business:
a. Discussion and necessary action on repairs to Brickson Road and
increased spending in the road budget. Gretebeck advised Brickson Road is in bad shape after the winter. The cost of cold patching the road is $30,000.00. The cost to repair the road is estimated at $125,000. The Board met with Gretebeck to discuss the matter. It does not seem prudent to spend $30,000 this year to then repair it completely next year. The Board approved the increased spending at their special meeting on April 29, 2021.
b. Discussion and necessary action on scheduling a Purchase of
Development Rights committee meeting. Chairman Monsen spoke with Renee Lauber to determine when she was available. May 18th or 20th were the dates she is available. Chairman Monsen will speak with those who have been appointed and Renee will send a packet of information to each member on the committee. A grant was applied for and she will have additional information at the meeting.
13. Future Agenda Items.
14. Adjournment: No further business, Supervisor Olson stated a motion to adjourn the meeting at 7:45 p.m. Motion was seconded by Supervisor Jenks. Motion carried 3-0.
Melanie Huchthausen, Clerk
List of attendees
Copy of Bills
Copy of agenda for May 3, 2021 meeting
Copy of Treasurer’s Report
Copy of Clerk’s Report