Town of Dunkirk
Dane County Wisconsin
Town Board Meeting Minutes
November 15, 2021
Dunkirk Town Hall
654 County Highway N
Chairman Monsen called the meeting to order at 6:30 p.m. Also present were Supervisor Ted Olson, Supervisor Dan Jenks, Treasurer, Bonnie Smithback, Constable, Greg Holte. Clerk, Melanie Huchthausen was absent. See attached sign-in sheet for others present.
1. Welcome and Pledge of Allegiance. The Pledge was recited by those in attendance.
2. Approval of Agenda. Supervisor Olson stated a motion to approve the agenda as presented. Motion was seconded by Supervisor Jenks. Motion carried 3 – 0
3. Minutes: Chairman Monsen asked if everyone read the minutes of the regular meeting of October 18, 2021. Supervisor Jenks stated a motion to approve the minutes of the regular meeting of October 18, 2021. Motion was seconded by Chairman Olson. Motion carried 3 – 0.
4. Report on Bills: Supervisor Olson stated a motion to accept and approved the bills payable in the amount of $9,374.22. Motion was seconded by Supervisor Jenks. Motion carried 3 – 0
5. Public Comment: Jeanne Schwass-Long was in attendance and provided her Commission on Aging report. The center appointed a new case manager. Tim Onsager will represent the schools as a member of Commission on Aging. Parking lot has been completed. November 11 the senior center served meals with entertainment by Catfish River Review band. Senior center director, Cindy McGlynn is scheduling visits to the townships for center fundraising as there is no expectation of monetary changes/increases legislatively.
6. Clerk’s Report: None
7. Road Crew Report: Recently assisted Town of Rutland with a driveway. They have all tasks current in anticipation of the first winter snowfall. Inquired on new timecards for road crew. Requested a cell phone with the board asking that the cost be researched and brought back to the board for discussion.
8. Constable’s Report: Last reported brush pile issue on Westchester has been removed. Report on Sunrise Court of a POD container encroaching on the roadway. The resident was contacted to make arrangements to have the POD moved.
9. Plan Commission: No report
10. Rural Preservation Commission Report: The committee has completed the ranking spreadsheet and was presented by Richard Barton. A review of the spreadsheet was favorable. A motion was made by Supervisor Olson for approval of the ranking spreadsheet. Motion was seconded by Supervisor Jenks. Motion carried 3 – 0.
There will be a process of presenting approved applicant(s) first to Ground Swell and then to the town board for final approval. Other factors along with ranking will be funding availability and discretionary goals.
Discussion was had on recordkeeping expectations.
11. Complaints: None
12. Unfinished Business:
a. Discussion and necessary action on Solar farm ordinance. The board reviewed the presented ordinance. It has been noted that the application should be presented first to the Plan Commission and they will then present it to the town board, and there were two typographical errors to correct. With those changes the board will review again at the December 6, 2021 meeting and adopt at the December 20, 2021 meeting.
b. Discussion and adoption of the Town of Dunkirk 2022 Budget: A motion was made by Supervisor Jenks to approve the 2022 Town of Dunkirk Budget. The motion was seconded by Supervisor Olson. Motion carried 3 – 0.
c. Discussion and necessary action on Resolution No. 2021-11-01 TO ADOPT WARD PLAN AND TO COMBINE MUNICIPAL WARDS FOR VOTING PURPOSES. A motion was made by Supervisor Jenks to adopt Resolution No. 2021-11-01. The motion was seconded by Supervisor Olson. Motion carried 3 – 0.
d. Discussion and necessary action on viewing job applications. The board has scheduled to meet November 29th to select the applicants to interview, December 2 and 3 to meet with the chosen applicants.
13. New Business: None
14. Future Agenda Items: None
Adjournment made by Supervisor Jenks, seconded by Supervisor Olson and carried. 7:33 p.m. adjournment.
Bonnie K. Smithback, Treasurer