Town of Dunkirk
Dane County, Wisconsin
Town Board Meeting Minutes
January 17, 2022
Dunkirk Town Hall
654 County Highway N
Chairman Monsen called the meeting to order at 6:30 p.m. Also present were Supervisor Ted Olson, Supervisor Daniel Jenks, Constable Greg Holte, Treasurer Bonnie Smithback, and Clerk Melanie Huchthausen. See attached sign-in sheet for others present.
1. Welcome and Pledge of Allegiance. The Pledge of Allegiance was led by the Constable.
2. Approval of Agenda. Supervisor Olson stated a motion to approve the agenda as presented. Motion was seconded by Supervisor Jenks. Motion carried 3-0.
3. Minutes: Chairman Monsen asked if everyone read the minutes. Supervisor Jenks stated a motion to approve the minutes of the regular meeting of January 3, 2022. Motion was seconded by Supervisor Olson. Motion carried 3-0.
4. Report on Bills: Supervisor Olson stated a motion to accept and approve the bills payable in the amount $1,228,344.93 (January tax settlement). Motion was seconded by Supervisor Jenks. Motion carried 3-0.
5. Public Comment: None.
6. Treasurer’s Report. None.
7. Clerk's Report: Clerk Huchthausen gave the Clerk’s report, a copy of which is attached and made a part of these minutes. Supervisor Olson stated a motion to approve the Clerk’s Report. Motion was seconded by Supervisor Jenks. Motion carried 3-0.
8. Road Crew: They have been cutting trees due to the lack of snow. So far the roads look good.
9. Constable Report: Public Works Department has placed a sign regarding cleaning up after your pets at the Westchester park. The Clerk will put information on the website for public awareness.
10. Plan Commission Report: The Plan Commission met on January 12, 2022. (1) The Commission approved a Land Use Plan Amendment, which Chairman Delehanty provided to the Town Board. Delehanty and the Clerk will review the Land Use Plan and information from Dane County Zoning for requirements to amend the Plan. (2) The CUP amendment on the agenda was tabled until the February meeting. The Plan Commission received emails from two neighbors with their concerns over speed, sound barriers, among other things. (3) A pre-application conference was held with a couple who would like to rezone a parcel in the Town. One concern will be the length of driveway. Dane County Zoning is currently performing a density study.
11. Rural Preservation Commission Report. The Commission continues to meet regularly.
12. Complaints: Dawn Stronach and James Danky have both previously complained of junk accumulation and Thayer Every’s properties. Dane County Zoning inspected both properties and found no violations. Both Stronach and Danky have been advised.
13. Unfinished Business:
a. Discussion and necessary action on rural broadband work in the
County. No action taken.
b. Discussion and necessary action on audio/visual system for Town
Hall using ARPA money. Supervisor Olson met with a representative from Fearings Electronics and are currently awaiting a bid.
c. Discussion and necessary action on agreement with the City of
Stoughton regarding Velkommen Way. Chairman Monsen will speak with Rodney Scheel regarding this agreement.
14. New Business:
a. Discussion and adoption of Ordinance 01-2022 Chapter 19: Solar
Energy System Permit. A properly noticed Public Hearing on Ordinance 01-2002 was held prior to the meeting pursuant to Town Ordinances. Supervisor Olson stated a motion to adopt Ordinance 01-2022 Chapter 19: Solar Energy System Permit. Motion was seconded by Supervisor Jenks. Motion carried 3-0.
b. Discussion and necessary action on Memorandum of Agreement
Between the Dunkirk Dam Lake District, the Town of Dunkirk, and Groundswell Conservancy, Inc. Chairman Monsen stated the Town has been working with the Adler Family and the Dunkirk Dam Lake District for over a year regarding the Adler Family donating 1.6 acres to the Town. Groundswell Conservancy is going to purchase the property and then donate the ground to the Town. The Town will then work with the Dunkirk Dam Lake District regarding obtaining grants for improvements. Chairman Monsen will review the MOA with Attorney Behling. The matter was tabled.
15. Future agenda items.
16. Adjournment: No further business, Supervisor Olson stated a motion to adjourn the meeting at 7:10 p.m. Motion was seconded by Supervisor Jenks. Motion carried 3-0.
Melanie Huchthausen, Clerk
List of attendees
Copy of Bills
Copy of agenda for January 17, 2022 meeting
Copy of Clerk’s Report
Copy of Treasurer’s Report