Town of Dunkirk
Dane County, Wisconsin
Town Board Meeting Minutes
August 15, 2022
Dunkirk Town Hall
654 County Highway N
Chairman Monsen called the meeting to order at 6:30 p.m. Also present were Supervisor Ted Olson, Supervisor Daniel Jenks, Constable Greg Holte, and Clerk Melanie Huchthausen. Treasurer Smithback excused. See attached sign-in sheet for others present.
1. Welcome and Pledge of Allegiance. The Pledge of Allegiance was led by the Veteran Jack Lyon.
2. Approval of Agenda. Supervisor Olson stated a motion to approve the agenda as presented. Motion was seconded by Supervisor Jenks. Motion carried 3-0.
3. Minutes: Chairman Monsen asked if everyone read the minutes. Supervisor Jenks stated a motion to approve the minutes of the regular meeting of August 1, 2022. Motion was seconded by Supervisor Olson. Motion carried 3-0.
4. Report on Bills: Supervisor Olson stated a motion to accept and approve the bills payable in the amount $14,956.89. Motion was seconded by Supervisor Jenks. Motion carried 3-0.
5. Public Comment: (1) Jeanne Schwass-Long was in attendance to provide her August Commission on Aging report. Two fundraisers raised money towards the annex renovations. The annex rooms will be ADA compliant. Strategic planning and accreditation work is being done. They are working on different types of surveys to get public input. Parking issues continue but once the annex is opened the entire lot will be for the Center. They are also asking the Police Department to make the parking stalls in front of the building two hour parking. Budget work has begun. (2) Chairman Monsen thanked Melanie Huchthausen for her 14 years of service to the Town.
6. Clerk's Report: Clerk Huchthausen gave her Clerk’s report, a copy of which is attached and made a part of these minutes. Supervisor Olson stated a motion to approve the Clerk’s Report. Motion was seconded by Supervisor Jenks. Motion carried 3-0.
7. Road Crew: (1) All culverts have been installed on Leslie Road. (2) There are two additional culverts to be installed, one on Taylor and one on Westchester. (3) James Danks thanked John and Karl for doing additional mowing on Oak Lawn Road to keep weeds down.
8. Constable Report: None.
9. Plan Commission Report: The Plan Commission met in anticipation of two pre-application conferences for commercial businesses, both of which did not attend. Delehanty believes both owners may be proceeding straight to Dane County because a rezone is not necessary.
10. Rural Preservation Commission Report. No report.
11. Complaints: None.
12. Unfinished Business:
a. Discussion and necessary action on Town Attorney. Attorney
Tom Wilson provided a letter of engagement to the Town. The proposed charge will be $275 per hour. Supervisor Olson stated a motion to sign the letter of agreement with Attorney Tom Wilson. Motion was seconded by Supervisor Jenks. Motion carried 3-0.
b. Discussion and necessary action on Town-wide replacement of
fire numbers. Bothum has determined the cost to replace double-sided fire numbers to all residences in the Town and place them perpendicular to the road would be approximately $22,765. No action taken.
13. New Business:
a. Discussion and necessary action on approval of Resolution 08-22
-02, Appointment of Kathy Olson as Clerk of the Town of Dunkirk. Chairman Monsen introduced Kathy Olson, a 30 year Town resident. Supervisor Olson stated a motion to approve Resolution 08-22-02, Appointment of Kathy Olson as Clerk of the Town of Dunkirk.
14. Future agenda items. Resolution to authorize signatures for all bank accounts.
15. Adjournment: No further business, Supervisor Jenks stated a motion to adjourn the meeting at 7:15 p.m. Motion was seconded by Supervisor Olson. Motion carried 3-0.
Melanie Huchthausen, Clerk
List of attendees
Copy of Bills
Copy of agenda for August 15, 2022 meeting
Copy of Clerk’s Report