Town of Dunkirk
Dane County, Wisconsin
Town Board Meeting Minutes
September 19, 2022
Dunkirk Town Hall
654 County Highway N
Chairman Monsen called the meeting to order at 6:30 p.m. Also present were Supervisor Ted Olson, Supervisor Daniel Jenks, Constable Greg Holte, Treasurer Bonnie Smithback John Bothum and Clerk Kathy Olson. See attached sign-in sheet for others present.
1. Welcome and Pledge of Allegiance. The Pledge of Allegiance was led by Jack Lyons.
2. Approval of Agenda. Supervisor Olson stated a motion to approve the agenda as presented. Motion was seconded by Supervisor Jenks. Motion carried 3-0.
3. Minutes: Chairman Monsen asked if everyone read the minutes. Supervisor Jenks stated a motion to approve the minutes of the regular meeting of September 6, 2022. Motion was seconded by Supervisor Olson. Motion carried 3-0.
4. Report on Bills: Supervisor Olson stated a motion to accept and approve the bills payable in the amount $109,935.26. Motion was seconded by Supervisor Jenks. Motion carried 3-0.
5. Public Comment: Congratulate Supervisor Daniel Jenks on being appointed the Stoughton police chief. Mike Engelberger discussed the results of getting jail built, was short 3 votes, also noted he will get information on status of Hwy N and broadband.
6. Treasurer’s Report. Next Meeting
7. Clerk's Report: Clerk Olson gave the clerk's report, a copy of which is attached and made a part of these minutes. Supervisor Olson stated a motion to approve the Clerk’s Report. Motion was seconded by Supervisor Jenks. Motion carried 3-0.
8. Road Crew: Out of patch, Rutland is done. John will work on budget items. Was asked why not mowing 138, answer was county will mow once a year and twice every 3 years. Mike Engelberger indicated he will look into
9. Constable Report: Asked about 1086 Hwy 138, if any communication had come in. Will do a drive by the property to check out what is going on, waiting for Dane Co.
10. Plan Commission Report: Had preliminary proposal to build a horse stable & area at 2404 Hammond Rd
11. Rural Preservation Commission Report. Changing meeting dates to Thursdays. In Process of getting appraisals ordered on two properties
12. Complaints: None.
13. Unfinished Business:
a. Cell phone stipend was discussed and determined starting in October will issue John Bothum $65.00 per month to cover cell phone expenses and issue Karl Brickson $35.00 per month. Supervisor Jenks motioned was seconded by Supervisor Olson. Motion carried 3-0.
14. New Business:
a. Discussion and necessary action on Adler property site review of 9/16/22 - walked property everyone was impressed, Mike Engelberger indicated grant funding was going to be used
b. Discussion on ATV – Will reach out to other municipalities see what ordinances are in place. Keep on future agendas going forward
c. Preliminary report on 2023 budget – 1st discussion was done on September 12th, next budget meeting will be September 26th
d. Dane Co. Sheriff patrol – Thinking of not renewing contract, John will inquire with state inspector if he can.
e. Quad Town purchase of new excavator – 5 towns are now going to participate in the purchase price. 1/5th would amount to $18,000 to be paid on January 2023, it will be included in the 2023 budget, Supervisor Olson motioned was seconded by Supervisor Jenks. Motion carried 3-0.
15. Future agenda items. (1) Lyons park south (Adler property) updates
16. Adjournment: No further business, Supervisor Olson stated a motion to adjourn the meeting at 7:30 p.m. Motion was seconded by Supervisor Jenks. Motion carried 3-0.
Kathy Olson, Clerk
List of attendees
Copy of Bills
Copy of agenda for September 6, 2022 meeting
Copy of Clerk’s Re