Town of Dunkirk
Dane County, Wisconsin
Town Board Meeting Minutes
October 3, 2022
Dunkirk Town Hall
654 County Highway N
Chairman Monsen called the meeting to order at 6:30 p.m. Also present were Supervisor Ted Olson, Constable Greg Holte, Treasurer Bonnie Smithback and Clerk Kathy Olson. See attached sign-in sheet for others present.
1. Welcome and Pledge of Allegiance. The Pledge of Allegiance was led by Constable Greg Holte.
2. Approval of Agenda. Supervisor Olson stated a motion to approve the agenda as presented. Motion was seconded by Chairman Monson. Motion carried 2-0.
3. Minutes: Chairman Monsen asked if everyone read the minutes and stated a motion to approve the minutes of the regular meeting of September 19, 2022. Motion was seconded by Supervisor Olson. Motion carried 2-0.
4. Report on Bills: Supervisor Olson stated a motion to accept and approve the bills payable in the amount $35,224.20. Motion was seconded by Chairman Monson. Motion carried 2-0.
5. Public Comment: Jean – Read some highlights from the Senior Center newsletter. Items included: Medicare open enrollment, Home Energy taking applications, Michael Hecht doing a presentation. Jean also mentioned the need for more meals on wheels drivers,
6. Treasurer’s Report. See treasurer’s report attached to minutes, Supervisor Olson stated a motion to approve. Motion was seconded by Chairman Monson. Motion carried 2-0
7. Clerk's Report: Clerk Olson gave the clerk's report, a copy of which is attached and made a part of these minutes. Supervisor Olson stated a motion to approve the Clerk’s Report. Motion was seconded by Chairman Monson. Motion carried 2-0.
8. Road Crew: None
9. Constable Report: Call regarding road crew mowed over landmark stake. Follow up on property from last meeting.
10. Plan Commission Report: None
11. Rural Preservation Commission Report. None
12. Complaints: None.
13. Unfinished Business:
a. Discussion on ATV
b. Continued discussion on Sheriff patrol
14. New Business:
a. Update on Adler property site – public comment period open until October 7th
b. Discussion on 2023 budget – Next meeting October 10th @ 5:00 PM
c. Quad Town meeting date – October 24th meeting starts at 6:30 Pm
15. Future agenda items.
16. Adjournment: No further business, Supervisor Olson stated a motion to adjourn the meeting at 7:02 p.m. Motion was seconded by Chairman Monson. Motion carried 2-0.
Kathy Olson, Clerk
List of attendees
Copy of Bills
Copy of agenda for October 3, 2022 meeting
Copy of Clerk’s Report
Copy of September 19th meeting minutes