Town of Dunkirk
Dane County, Wisconsin
Town Board Meeting Minutes
November 7, 2022
Dunkirk Town Hall
654 County Highway N
Chairman Monsen called the meeting to order at 6:50 p.m. Also present were Supervisor Ted Olson, Constable Greg Holte, Treasurer Bonnie Smithback and Clerk Kathy Olson. See attached sign-in sheet for others present.
1. Welcome and Pledge of Allegiance. The Pledge of Allegiance was led by Jack Lyons.
2. Approval of Agenda. Supervisor Olson stated a motion to approve the agenda as presented. Motion was seconded by Chairman Monson. Motion carried 2-0.
3. Minutes: Chairman Monsen asked if everyone read the minutes and stated a motion to approve the minutes of the regular meeting of October 17, 2022. Motion was seconded by Supervisor Olson. Motion carried 2-0.
4. Report on Bills: Supervisor Olson stated a motion to accept and approve the bills payable in the amount $49,443.51. Motion was seconded by Chairman Monson. Motion carried 2-0.
5. Public Comment: None
6. Treasurer’s Report. See treasurer’s report attached to minutes, Supervisor Olson stated a motion to approve. Motion was seconded by Chairman Monson. Motion carried 2-0
7. Clerk's Report: Clerk Olson gave the clerk's report, a copy of which is attached and made a part of these minutes. Supervisor Olson stated a motion to approve the Clerk’s Report. Motion was seconded by Chairman Monson. Motion carried 2-0.
8. Road Crew: Was asked by supervisor Olson how many miles of roads are in Dunkirk – answer 54. Hauled sand and getting trucks ready for winter season
9. Constable Report: Call regarding where to get rid of electronics, informed resident said to contact Johns Disposal. Resident on Oaklawn’s animals out again, received a call from a concerned resident saying if out again will call the Dane Co. Humane Society. Was informed by a resident that Dane Co. Sheriff will come and pick up dead deer if called.
10. Plan Commission Report: Had public meeting tonight regarding cell tower and will discuss out come on November 9th meeting. Resident with “Notch” parcel is going to see if he can buy back piece of property
11. Rural Preservation Commission Report. Will be sending out annual letters to residents. Will work with Town of Dunn & Groundswell at next meeting in November.
12. Complaints: None.
13. Unfinished Business:
a. Discussion on ATV
b. Update on Adler Property site – still needs approval
c. Discussion on 2023 budget – next meeting Monday, November 14th
d. Quad Town meeting – Highlights came away with positive outlook. Next meeting will be held in May and hosted by Town of Dunn
14. New Business:
15. Future agenda items.
16. Adjournment: No further business, Supervisor Olson stated a motion to adjourn the meeting at 7:06 p.m. Motion was seconded by Chairman Monson. Motion carried 2-0.
Kathy Olson, Clerk
List of attendees
Copy of Bills
Copy of agenda for November 7, 2022 meeting
Copy of Clerk’s Report
Copy of October 17th meeting minutes