Town of Dunkirk
Dane County, Wisconsin
Town Board Meeting Minutes
November 21, 2022
Dunkirk Town Hall
654 County Highway N
Chairman Monsen called the meeting to order at 6:30 p.m. Also present were Supervisor Dan Jenks, Supervisor Ted Olson (zoom) Constable Greg Holte, John Bothum, Clerk Kathy Olson, and Treasurer Smithback. See attached sign-in sheet for others present.
1. Welcome and Pledge of Allegiance. The Pledge of Allegiance was led by Constable Greg Holte.
2. Approval of Agenda. Supervisor Olson stated a motion to approve the agenda as presented. Motion was seconded by Supervisor Jenks. Motion carried 3-0.
3. Minutes: Chairman Monsen asked if everyone read the minutes of the regular meeting of November 7, 2022. Supervisor Jenks stated a motion to approve the minutes as presented. Motion was seconded by Supervisor Olson. Motion carried 3-0.
4. Report on Bills: Supervisor Jenks stated a motion to accept and approve the bills payable in the amount $. Motion was seconded by Chairman Olson. Motion carried 3-0.
5. Public Comment: 1. Jean reported on senior center 11/1 meeting – reached 200,000 goal for the annex and mayor negotiated for the current resident to find new home, so project is moving forward. 2023 budget has a 4% wage increase for senior center workers.
2. Resident from 2844 Oaklawn Rd. present the reasoning for wanting to take ownership of their road between their properties.
3. Resident who lives close to township express that the new lights are to bright.
4. Rosemaling group donated a door crown to the town hall for allowing them to use the space.
6. Treasurer Report – Next meeting
7. Clerk's Report: Clerk Olson gave her Clerk’s report, a copy of which is attached and made a part of these minutes. Supervisor Olson stated a motion to approve the Clerk’s Report. Motion was seconded by Supervisor Jenks. Motion carried 3-0.
8. Road Crew: Tractor repair done this week, 3-way stop sign at Hoel Ave. get rid of one. John will talk to homeowner about taking sign down. Karl wants to put led lights on salt truck. Got bid on tractor from Richies on a trade in or 7,500 to replace tires.
9. Constable Report: Got call regarding riffle usage, talked to person about ordinance regarding only shot gun use in township. Told them next time will write a ticket.
10. Plan Commission Report: November 9 meeting approved 5-0 CPU for cell
11. Rural Preservation Commission Report. Deb W. talked about appraisals and the need to think about ordering some but need to find out how long they are good for. Put on for next meeting to talk about when she finds out how long appraisals are good for. Appraisals cost about 3750.00 to 5000.00. Right now they are out about 60 to 75 days to get an appraisal done.
13. Unfinished Business:
a. Discussion on ATV
b. Update on Adler property site – approval, ramp
14. New Business:
a. Resident @ 2844 Oaklawn wants ownership of road between their properties
b. Town road speed limit signs – Hogie Rd & others
c. Tractor purchase for 2024
15. Future agenda items.
16. Adjournment: No further business, Supervisor Olson stated a motion to adjourn the meeting at 7:33 p.m. Motion was seconded by Supervisor Jenks. Motion carried 3-0.
Kathy Olson, Clerk
List of attendees
Copy of Bills
Copy of agenda for November 21, 2022 meeting
Copy of Clerk’s Report
Copy of Treasurer’s report
Copy of November 7 meeting minutes