Town of Dunkirk
Dane County, Wisconsin
Town Board Meeting Minutes
December 5, 2022
Dunkirk Town Hall
654 County Highway N
Chairman Monsen called the meeting to order at 6:33 p.m. Also present were Supervisor Jenks (arrived later), Supervisor Ted Olson, John Bothum, Clerk Kathy Olson, and Treasurer Smithback. See attached sign-in sheet for others present.
1. Welcome and Pledge of Allegiance. The Pledge of Allegiance was led by Jack Lyons.
2. Approval of Agenda. Supervisor Olson stated a motion to approve the agenda as presented. Motion was seconded by Chairman Monsen. Motion carried 2-0.
3. Minutes: Chairman Monsen asked if everyone read the minutes of the regular meeting of November 21, 2022. Supervisor Olson stated a motion to approve the minutes as presented. Motion was seconded by Chairman Monsen. Motion carried 2-0.
4. Report on Bills: Supervisor Olson stated a motion to accept and approve the bills payable in the amount $45,156.04. Motion was seconded by Chairman Monson. Motion carried 2-0.
5. Public Comment:
Recommendation by Supervisor Jenks to recognize Luann Alme for writing the employee handbook, motion by Supervisor Jenks was to obtain a gift card from the chamber of Stoughton, motion seconded by Supervisor Olson, carried 3-0.
6. Treasurer Report - report attached
7. Clerk's Report: Clerk Olson gave her Clerk’s report, a copy of which is attached and made a part of these minutes. Supervisor Olson stated a motion to approve the Clerk’s Report. Motion was seconded by Supervisor Jenks. Motion carried 3-0.
8. Road Crew: Tractor we can get in August 150 hours on it, would need to refinance in 2024. Need to let them know now – Motion to get Tractor in August sated by Supervisor Olson.
Talked to resident regarding taking down stop sign, she was upset about it. Will have to send a letter regarding taking down stop sign, Norm will write letter to resident. Had to replace chain saw this week (was 17 yrs old), also will need to replace pole saw. Motion to approve road crew to buy protective equipment
9. Constable Report: Talked to neighbors of township regarding that they are not zoned to have sheep, they will be getting rid of them by 12/10
10. Plan Commission Report:
11. Rural Preservation Commission Report.
13. Unfinished Business:
a. Discussion on ATV - 2023
b. Update on Adler property site – some e-mails about
c. Discussion & action on Dane Co. conditional use permit #2022-02578 motion to grant permission under the following conditions:
1. Must landscape – suggestion made to use Hedjelink type fencing with up to 3 trees.
2. Must use and continually use tower with in county rules
Supervisor Olson stated motion, Supervisor Jenks seconded, motion carried 3-0
14. New Business:
a. Resident @ 2844 Oaklawn wants ownership of road between their properties – Motion – to surrender road to homeowner on condition that they have a lawyer provide legal documents and they pay all fees. Supervisor Olson stated a motion, Supervisor Jenks second, motioned carried 3-0
b. Town road speed limit signs – Hogie Rd & others - no action will be taken until later - 2023.
c. Town Parks – requests for new equipment & pickle ball court, maybe grant to fund cost. Think of residents for a three person parks commission.
15. Future agenda items.
16. Adjournment: No further business, Supervisor Olson stated a motion to adjourn the meeting at 7:34 p.m. Motion was seconded by Supervisor Jenks. Motion carried 3-0.