Town of Dunkirk
Dane County, Wisconsin
Town Board Meeting Minutes
January 2, 2023
Dunkirk Town Hall
654 County Highway N
Chairman Monsen called the meeting to order at 6:30 p.m. Also present were Supervisor Dan Jenks, Supervisor Ted Olson, John Bothum, Clerk Kathy Olson, and Treasurer Smithback. See attached sign-in sheet for others present.
1. Welcome and Pledge of Allegiance. The Pledge of Allegiance was led by Dan Jenks.
2. Approval of Agenda. Supervisor Olson stated a motion to approve the agenda as presented. Motion was seconded by Supervisor Jenks. Motion carried 3-0.
3. Minutes: Chairman Monsen asked if everyone read the minutes of the regular meeting of December 19, 2022. Supervisor Jenks stated a motion to approve the minutes as presented. Motion was seconded by Supervisor Olson. Motion carried 2-0.
4. Report on Bills: Supervisor Olson stated a motion to accept and approve the bills payable in the amount $13,064.51. Motion was seconded by supervisor Jenks. Motion carried 3-0. With a caveat that they are paying spouses for election work.
5. Public Comment: None
6. Treasurer Report – Treasurer Smith back gave the treasurers report which is attached to these minutes. Supervisor Olson stated a motion to approve Treasurer’s report, motion was seconded by Supervisor Jenks. Motion carried 3-0
7. Clerk's Report: Clerk Olson gave her Clerk’s report, a copy of which is attached and made a part of these minutes. Supervisor Jenks stated a motion to approve the Clerk’s Report. Motion was seconded by Supervisor Olson. Motion carried 3-0.
8. Road Crew: No heat in the garage, called to get it looked at. Want to investigate getting a pusher for snow removal, got information from Richies.
9. Constable Report: None
10. Plan Commission Report:
11. Rural Preservation Commission Report.
13. Unfinished Business:
a. Discussion on ATV – Decided to have a public meeting regarding speed limits & ATV ordinance this meeting will be before the February 20th meeting, and will be @ 6:00 P.M.
b. Update on Adler property site – approval, ramp
c. Letter to resident @ 2844 Oaklawn – Norm will write a letter to residents in response to their request to obtain the road between their properties. Letter will state that they are responsible for all cost associated with this endeavor.
d. Feb 1st John will remove stop sign
14. New Business:
a. Park’s committee - residents who indicated they would be part of a committee did not come to this meeting.
b. Broadband Summit – Brookfield 1/27/23 – Norm indicated the town would pay expenses for a volunteer to go, but that individual would have to give a report on the summit.
c. Hammond Rd incident (12/24/22) – Gard rail was discussed, would need to do more research and would like to see traffic report from accident.
15. Future agenda items.
16. Adjournment: No further business, Supervisor Olson stated a motion to adjourn the meeting at 7:04 p.m. Motion was seconded by Supervisor Jenks. Motion carried 3-0.
Kathy Olson, Clerk
List of attendees
Copy of Bills
Copy of agenda for January 2, 2023 meeting
Copy of Clerk’s Report
Copy of Treasurer’s report
Copy of December 19, 2022 meeting minutes