Town of Dunkirk
Dane County, Wisconsin
Town Board Meeting Minutes
December 19, 2022
Dunkirk Town Hall
654 County Highway N
Supervisor Olson called the meeting to order at 6:30 p.m. Also present were Supervisor Jenks, Clerk Kathy Olson, and Treasurer Smithback. See attached sign-in sheet for others present.
1. Welcome and Pledge of Allegiance. The Pledge of Allegiance was led by Constable Holt.
2. Approval of Agenda. Supervisor Jenks stated a motion to approve the agenda as presented. Motion was seconded by Supervisor Olson. Motion carried 2-0.
3. Minutes: Supervisor Olson asked if everyone read the minutes of the regular meeting of December 5, 2022. Supervisor Jenks stated a motion to approve the minutes as presented. Motion was seconded by Supervisor Olson. Motion carried 2-0.
4. Report on Bills: Supervisor Jenks stated a motion to accept and approve the bills payable in the amount $62,357.50. Motion was seconded by Supervisor Olson. Motion carried 2-0.
5. Public Comment:
6. Treasurer Report - Not this meeting
7. Clerk's Report: Clerk Olson gave her Clerk’s report, a copy of which is attached and made a part of these minutes. Supervisor Jenks stated a motion to approve the Clerk’s Report. Motion was seconded by Supervisor Olson. Motion carried 2-0.
8. Road Crew: None
9. Constable Report: 12/5 was called to stop traffic due to fire, 12/15 was called regarding steer was loose from Oaklawn farm. 12/19 was called regarding a vehicle stranded on side of road need to get it moved before plowing.
10. Plan Commission Report:
11. Rural Preservation Commission Report.
12. Complaints: Residents are complaining about Park equipment they mentioned Ash Park as example. Also complained about soccer playing at park and it occurring every day during the summer and also the number of cars parked during playing & practice. Supervisor Olson mentioned setting up a parks committee and both residents agreed to be on it and try to get a third volunteer. They will evaluate parks and give a report maybe as soon as next meeting.
13. Unfinished Business:
a. Discussion on ATV - 2023
b. Update on Adler property site – Purchase should go thru in January, try to get park ready by spring.
c. Letter sent to resident @ 2844 Oaklawn - Norm?
14. New Business:
15. Future agenda items.
a. Tractor purchase – signed and letter of intent sent to Mid-Sate Equipment
16. Adjournment: No further business, Supervisor Jenks stated a motion to adjourn the meeting at 7:03 p.m. Motion was seconded by Supervisor Olson. Motion carried 2-0.