Town of Dunkirk
Dane County, Wisconsin
Town Board Meeting Minutes
January 16, 2023
Dunkirk Town Hall
654 County Highway N
Chairman Monsen called the meeting to order at 6:30 p.m. Also present were Supervisor Dan Jenks, Supervisor Ted Olson, Constable Holte, John Bothum, Clerk Kathy Olson, and Treasurer Smithback. See attached sign-in sheet for others present.
1. Welcome and Pledge of Allegiance. The Pledge of Allegiance was led by Constable Holte.
2. Approval of Agenda. Supervisor Olson stated a motion to approve the agenda as presented. Motion was seconded by Supervisor Jenks. Motion carried 3-0.
3. Minutes: Chairman Monsen asked if everyone read the minutes of the regular meeting of January 2, 2023. Supervisor Jenks stated a motion to approve the minutes as presented. Motion was seconded by Supervisor Olson. Motion carried 3-0.
4. Report on Bills: Supervisor Olson stated a motion to accept and approve the bills payable in the amount $69,181.59. Motion was seconded by Supervisor Jenks. Motion carried 3-0.
5. Treasurer Report – 1st meeting in month
6. Public Comment: Murl Mackinnon from the Senior Center introduced himself, will be attending one meeting a month to provide information as his area is Dunkirk & Albion.
7. Clerk's Report: Clerk Olson gave her Clerk’s report, a copy of which is attached and made a part of these minutes. Supervisor Olson stated a motion to approve the Clerk’s Report. Motion was seconded by Supervisor Jenks. Motion carried 3-0.
8. Road Crew: John reported that they blew a transmission line on one of the trucks, also put new tires on the tractor. Have been trimming trees unfortunately residents don’t understand Right of Way
9. Constable Report: No report
10. Plan Commission Report: Commercial property on Hwy N by Stoughton Trailers wants to put up building, need an updated land use plan
11. Complaints: Resident concerned about Hammond Road incident – will town look into guard rail on that stretch of road.
Residents are not happy regarding condition of parks equipment and over usage by soccer teams in summer/fall months. Would like to see a schedule for soccer field usage so residents can use park to. Would like to see tennis court turned into a pickle ball court.
12. Unfinished Business:
a. Update on Adler property site
b. ATV – Public meeting 2/20 @ 6:00PM – Will put notice in paper twice before meeting
c. Letter to resident @ 2844 Oaklawn – Norm will write a draft
d. Parks committee – Four residents have agreed to be on Parks Committee, Supervisor Jenks stated a motion to approve establishing committee, motion was seconded by Supervisor Olson, motion carried 3-0. Members of Parks committee are: Eric Moe, Jillian Raff, Jake Roth & Jackie Harris. Will report back at with a report at a March meeting.
13. New Business:
a. Bobcat Compact Track Loader (see Attached) replacement for one ordered in 2022 no longer available. Will share with Rutland, Supervisor Olson stated a motion to approve, motion was seconded by Supervisor Jenks, motion carried 3-0
b. Broadband Summit – Brookfield 1/27/23 – any volunteers – none so far.
14. Future agenda items.
15. Adjournment: No further business, Supervisor Olson stated a motion to adjourn the meeting at 7:35 p.m. Motion was seconded by Supervisor Jenks. Motion carried 3-0.
Kathy Olson, Clerk
List of attendees
Copy of Bills paid ledger
Copy of agenda for January 16, 2023 meeting
Copy of Clerk’s Report
Copy of January 2, 2023 meeting minutes