Town of Dunkirk
Dane County, Wisconsin
Town Board Meeting Minutes
February 6, 2023
Dunkirk Town Hall
654 County Highway N
Chairman Monsen called the meeting to order at 6:30 p.m. Also present were Supervisor Ted Olson, Constable Holte, Clerk Kathy Olson, and Treasurer Smithback. See attached sign-in sheet for others present.
1. Welcome and Pledge of Allegiance. The Pledge of Allegiance was led by Constable Holte.
2. Approval of Agenda. Supervisor Olson stated a motion to approve the agenda as presented. Motion was seconded by Chairman Monsen. Motion carried 2-0.
3. Minutes: Chairman Monsen asked if everyone read the minutes of the regular meeting of January 16, 2023. Supervisor Olson stated a motion to approve the minutes as presented. Motion was seconded by Chairman Monsen. Motion carried 2-0.
4. Report on Bills: Supervisor Olson stated a motion to accept and approve the bills payable in the amount $69,178.35. Motion was seconded by Chairman Monsen. Motion carried 2-0.
5. Treasurer Report – Treasurer Smith back gave the treasurers report which is attached to these minutes. Supervisor Olson stated a motion to approve Treasurer’s report, motion was seconded by Chairman Monsen. Motion carried 2-0
6. Public Comment: None
7. Clerk's Report: Clerk Olson gave her Clerk’s report, a copy of which is attached and made a part of these minutes. Supervisor Olson stated a motion to approve the Clerk’s Report. Motion was seconded by Chairman Monsen. Motion carried 2-0.
8. Road Crew: John requested an update on budget for roads. Bonnie indicated a tree off of Hogie Road should be looked at for possible removal. John had also asked if Railroad signs are the responsibility of the Town, reached out to Stoughton clerk, signs are provided by the Railroad, but road crew may have to put up.
9. Constable Report: Has tried to contact company off Race-Track road that is suspected of causing truck usage, no response. Now have reached out to Sherriff office to get some coverage in that area.
10. Plan Commission Report:
11. Parks Committee:
13. Unfinished Business:
a. Update on Adler property site – Norm & Ted plan on attending the closing which is on 2/16 @ 1:00PM
b. ATV – Public meeting is on 2/20 @ 6:00PM
c. Letter to resident @ 2844 Oaklawn – Letter is completed
d. Soccer league usage of parks for upcoming season – Sarah Johnson will be attending next town meeting. She informed Norm that Stoughton charges 5.00 per child to use their fields.
14. New Business:
a. Open Book – Board certification status, need to find out who requires to do training this year.
15. Future agenda items.
16. Adjournment: No further business, Supervisor Olson stated a motion to adjourn the meeting at 7:30 p.m. Motion was seconded by Chairman Monsen. Motion carried 2-0.
Kathy Olson, Clerk
List of attendees
Copy of Bills paid ledger
Copy of Treasurers report
Copy of agenda for February 6, 2023 meeting
Copy of Clerk’s Report
Copy of January 16, 2023 meeting minutes