Town of Dunkirk
Dane County, Wisconsin
Town Board Meeting Minutes
April 3, 2023
Dunkirk Town Hall
654 County Highway N
Chairman Monsen called the meeting to order at 6:30 p.m. Also present were Supervisor Ted Olson, Supervisor Jenks, Constable Holte, Clerk Kathy Olson, and Treasurer Smithback. See attached sign-in sheet for others present.
1. Welcome and Pledge of Allegiance. The Pledge of Allegiance was led by Constable Holte.
2. Approval of Agenda. Supervisor Olson stated a motion to approve the agenda as presented. Motion was seconded by Supervisor Jenks. Motion carried 3-0.
3. Minutes: Chairman Monsen asked if everyone read the minutes of the regular meeting of March 20, 2023. Supervisor Olson stated a motion to approve the minutes as presented. Motion was seconded by Supervisor Jenks. Motion carried 3-0.
4. Report on Bills: Supervisor Jenks stated a motion to accept and approve the bills payable in the amount $71,174.67. Motion was seconded by Supervisor Olson. Motion carried 3-0. Omitted from the bills was a check to Brooks for 26,000, this check was voided.
5. Treasurer Report – Treasurer Report attached to minutes, Supervisor Olson stated a motion to approve the treasurer report, and motion was seconded by Supervisor Jenks.
6. Public Comment: Resident was wondering about zoom – Supervisor Jenks indicated we are having issues but have an individual which will be coming in to see if connectivity can be resolved. Supervisor Olson said if he cannot resolve issue need to contact Fearings again.
7. Clerk's Report: Clerk Olson gave her Clerk’s report, a copy of which is attached and made a part of these minutes. Supervisor Jenks stated a motion to approve the treasurer report, and motion was seconded by Supervisor Olson.
8. Road Crew: Received bids for road work, new ditch mower has arrived, will put off having undercoating done on truck. Working on removing tree & branches from past storm on March 31st, wondering if they should help out Dunn with their loads. Recommendation was maybe some but not all.
9. Constable Report: Oaklawn road – 2 horses got out, was able to get back resident has new fencing but thinks her left gate partially open after feeding. Resident call on removing a political sign, went to check out but was gone already. Resident called regarding safety concern regarding a residence that driveway maybe impassable for emergency vehicles to get down, too many trees, would be up to fire chief to contact and let resident know concern.
Was informed 2 dogs were wondering on Hwy 138, helpful persons helped find owners of dogs. Contacted owners and gave them dog license applications.
Yellow Hummer was abandoned on Bass Lake Road for a couple of days, called Dane Co. regarding by the time they came owner showed up.
Chairman Monson got a complaint about resident selling vehicles, currently has one truck on property, not zoned to do so, constable will talk to them.
10. Plan Commission Report: Next meeting 4/12 so far nothing on agenda.
Jerry King has asked what he can do with property.
11. Parks Committee: Public meeting is scheduled for May 8th @ 6:00 PM, fliers will be distributed to obtain members for committee and get public input on parks.
13. Unfinished Business:
a. ATV – will address in coming meetings
b. Cell tower discussion – No news, currently work has stopped
c. Can resident reserve town hall on first day of year in prior year? Yes, can now rent hall 1 year & 14 days into following year. Motion to approve change was stated by Supervisor Olson, seconded by Supervisor Jenks.
d. Hanerville Rd right-of-way parcel # 026/051-352-8010-7, Chris Luzzio – Talked to attorney said county has to deed to owner, Chairman Monsen will talked to resident regarding who actually owners strip of land.
14. New Business:
a. Hire tech to help with township technology which includes helping with website cleanup.
b. Review town hall fees & usage policy
c. Road Bid – Motion to accept bid from Payne & Dolan for $507,112.00 to do Hanerville Rd, Taylor Ln & Hogie Rd per proposal, Supervisor Olson made motion to accept, Supervisor Jenks seconded, motion passed 3-0.
Motion to accept bid from Fahrner for $36,260.00 to do Washington & Kaase Rd per proposal, Supervisor Jenks made motion to accept, Supervisor Olson seconded, motion passed 3-0
15. Future agenda items.
16. Adjournment: No further business, Supervisor Olson stated a motion to adjourn the meeting at 7:32 p.m. Motion was seconded by Supervisor Jenks. Motion carried 3-0.
Kathy Olson, Clerk
List of attendees
Copy of Bills paid ledger
Copy of Road Bid spreadsheet
Copy of Agenda for April 3, 2023 meeting
Copy of Clerk’s Report
Copy of March 20, 2023 meeting minutes