Town of Dunkirk
Dane County, Wisconsin
Town Board Meeting Minutes
April 17, 2023
Dunkirk Town Hall
654 County Highway N
Chairman Monsen called the meeting to order at 6:30 p.m. Also present were Supervisor Ted Olson, Supervisor Jenks, Constable Holte, Clerk Kathy Olson, and Treasurer Smithback. See attached sign-in sheet for others present.
1. Welcome and Pledge of Allegiance. The Pledge of Allegiance was led by Constable Holte.
2. Approval of Agenda. Supervisor Olson stated a motion to approve the agenda as presented. Motion was seconded by Supervisor Jenks. Motion carried 3-0.
3. Minutes: Chairman Monsen asked if everyone read the minutes of the regular meeting of April 3, 2023. Supervisor Jenks stated a motion to approve the minutes as presented. Motion was seconded by Supervisor Olson. Motion carried 3-0.
4. Report on Bills: Supervisor Olson stated a motion to accept and approve the bills payable in the amount $10,240.00. Motion was seconded by Supervisor Jenks. Motion carried 3-0.
5. Treasurer Report – none
6. Public Comment: Mr Matson owner of a private airport that the cell tower being constructed is in front of a runway. He gave a presentation regarding why the cell tower either needs to be lowered to 150 ft w/ lights, moved over east or west, or not built at all. There will be a meeting next Tuesday (4/25) regarding tower, Mr Matson hopes board will give a recommendation to his proposal on where the tower should be located or not built at all. Presentation materials are attached to these minutes.
7. Clerk's Report: Clerk Olson gave her Clerk’s report, a copy of which is attached and made a part of these minutes. Supervisor Olson stated a motion to approve the clerk report, and motion was seconded by Supervisor Jenks.
8. Road Crew: John indicated they have finished cleaning up after the last bad storm. We have been borrowing the grader to do driveways recommends we purchase a new blade as a neighborly gesture. Board gave approval to purchase blade.
9. Constable Report: Went to residence on Hwy 138 to check out vehicles on lot. Talked to resident who we received a complaint regarding chickens, told them how to get license and informed them they must get rid of rooster.
10. Plan Commission Report: No meeting
11. Parks Committee: Public meeting is scheduled for May 8th @ 6:30 PM, fliers will be distributed to obtain members for committee and get public input on parks. Several members of the community had comments and points to make regarding Dunkirk parks tonight.
1) Dog waste is not being picked up at several parks
2) Don’t take out park equipment, look into making safer
3) Repair tennis courts & install pickle ball courts
4) Expand representation of committee, get individuals from all areas
5) First year Dunkirk has asked soccer league to pay a fee to use parks
Chairman Monsen indicated that the Dam Lake District needed a resident to join committee – several expressed interest
The conversation started to get heated so chairman Monsen closed discussion indicating that May 8th is the public hearing, and that will provide an opportunity for everyone to be heard.
13. Unfinished Business:
a. Consider portion of Hanerville Road right-of-way width adjacent to parcel # 026/0511-352-8010-4, Chris Luzzio 249 Hanerville Rd. – Actual owner of parcel is still up in the air, Township will write letter if needed to turn over property to homeowner.
b. Atv/ Speed limits – Resident on Mcinnis Rd wants sign up for 45 miles per hour. Discuss at next meeting split these items into own categories.
c. Cell tower discussion – Discussed in public comments
14. New Business:
a. Hire tech to help with township technology which includes helping with website cleanup. Supervisor Jenks is working on scheduling tech.
b. Review town hall fees & usage policy – Updated rental policy so residents can rent town hall on the first day of the coming year up to the fourteenth day of that year in the current year. This information will be placed in the newsletter to let residents know about the change. Supervisor Olson stated a motion to approve, and motion was seconded by Supervisor Jenks.
15. Future agenda items.
16. Adjournment: No further business, Supervisor Olson stated a motion to adjourn the meeting at 7:50p.m. Motion was seconded by Supervisor Jenks. Motion carried 3-0.
Kathy Olson, Clerk
List of attendees
Copy of Bills paid ledger
Copy of Road Bid spreadsheet
Copy of Agenda for April 17, 2023 meeting
Copy of Clerk’s Report
Copy of April 3, 2023 meeting minutes