Town of Dunkirk
Dane County, Wisconsin
Town Board Meeting Minutes
July 3, 2023
Dunkirk Town Hall
654 County Highway N
Chairman Monsen called the meeting to order at 6:30 p.m. Also present were Supervisor Ted Olson (via zoom), Supervisor Jenks, Constable Holte, and Clerk Kathy Olson. See attached sign-in sheet for others present.
1. Welcome and Pledge of Allegiance. The Pledge of Allegiance was led by Constable Holte.
2. Approval of Agenda. Supervisor Olson stated a motion to approve the agenda as presented. Motion was seconded by Supervisor Jenks. Motion carried 3-0.
3. Minutes: Chairman Monsen asked if everyone read the minutes of the regular meeting of June 19, 2023. Supervisor Jenks stated a motion to approve the minutes as presented, Supervisor Olson seconded. Motion carried 3-0
4. Report on Bills: Supervisor Jenks stated a motion to accept and approve the bills payable in the amount $57,268.18. Motion was seconded by Chairman Monsen as Supervisor Olson abstained due to not being able to look at bills. Motion carried 2-0.
5. Treasurer Report – Was presented by Chairman Monsen as treasurer Smithback did not attend tonight’s meeting.
6. Public Comment: None
7. Clerk's Report: Clerk Olson gave her Clerk’s report, a copy of which is attached and made a part of these minutes. Supervisor Jenks stated a motion to approve report, motion was seconded by Supervisor Olson. Motion carried 3-0
8. Road Crew: A turn around was created by road crew at Schroeder road. Removed an oak tree, replaced a culvert, found that the culvert on Hammond Road is deteriorating and needs to be replaced. Will need to decide if that should happen this year or next, John will get pricing. John’s son will be on call while John & Karl are on vacation starting July 10th.
9. Constable Report: Was informed that goats have been observed consistently in the soy bean fields, called Dane Co. Animal control instead of owner. Have not heard anything from animal control as of yet. After an e-mail regarding a resident burning, talked with resident informed them of the burn ban that is currently in effect until further notice. Have inquired about getting a speed board put up on Taylor Lane.
10. Plan Commission Report:
11. Parks Committee:
a. Amend Parks Committee ordinance from 3 to 8 appointed members – Motion to amend ordinance to 8 members, supervisor Jenks stated a motion to approve, supervisor Olson seconded the motion, motion carried 3-0
b. Renewal of Soccer agreement for fall season – Supervisor Jenks stated a motion to approve the fall soccer season, supervisor Olson seconded, motion carried 3-0
13. Unfinished Business:
a. Consider portion of Hanerville Road right-of-way width for adjacent Parcel #: 026/0511-352-8010-4, Chris Luzzio 249 Hanerville Road.
b. ATV – Supervisor Olson will contact DCTA for a survey
c. Cell tower discussion – No report
d. Discussion & necessary action on 2 town driveways – Need to go thru e-mail from attorney regarding procedures & recommendations
e. Weight & speed limit on Hogie & Racetrack Road –.Chairman Monsen was informed that the town must do a traffic study, will mount camera on a pole & get a speed board put up at Hogie to monitor traffic. Resident observed 5 cement trucks going down Hogie, asked resident to call sheriff dept.
f. Painting of White lines at stop signs – Expecting to receive a proposal on cost.
14. New Business:
a. Broadband – Resident volunteer – No responses to date, this is posted on both website & Facebook
15. Future agenda items. – Items to put on next agenda are:
Culvert on Hammond Rd.
16. Adjournment: No further business, Supervisor Olson stated a motion to adjourn the meeting at 7:07 p.m. Motion was seconded by Supervisor Jenks. Motion carried 3-0.
Kathy Olson, Clerk
List of attendees
Copy of Bills paid ledger
Copy of Agenda for July 3, 2023 meeting
Copy of Clerk’s Report
Copy of Treasurers Report
Copy of June 19, 2023 meeting minutes