Town of Dunkirk
Dane County, Wisconsin
Town Board Meeting Minutes
July 17, 2023
Dunkirk Town Hall
654 County Highway N
Chairman Monsen called the meeting to order at 6:30 p.m. Also present were Supervisor Ted Olson, Constable Holte, Treasurer Bonnie Smithback and Clerk Kathy Olson, absent was Supervisor Jenks. See attached sign-in sheet for others present.
1. Welcome and Pledge of Allegiance. The Pledge of Allegiance was led by Constable Holte.
2. Approval of Agenda. Supervisor Olson stated a motion to approve the agenda as presented. Motion was seconded by Chairman Monsen. Motion carried 2-0.
3. Minutes: Chairman Monsen asked if everyone read the minutes of the regular meeting of July 3, 2023. Supervisor Olson stated a motion to approve the minutes as presented, Chairman Monsen seconded. Motion carried 2-0
4. Report on Bills: Supervisor Olson stated a motion to accept and approve the bills, but hold out Check for Payne & Dolan in the amount of $512,452.88 until loan request has been finalized. This brings approved payable amount to $36,799.92. Motion was seconded by Chairman Monsen, Motion carried 2-0.
5. Treasurer Report – Next meeting
6. Public Comment: None
7. Clerk's Report: Clerk Olson gave her Clerk’s report, a copy of which is attached and made a part of these minutes. Supervisor Olson stated a motion to approve report, motion was seconded by Chairman Monsen. Motion carried 2-0
8. Road Crew: John acquired a price for Hammond Road culvert work, it will cost $11,000 to replace & $200.00 to 300.00 for gravel. Board had decided to put this into next year’s scope of work & budget.
9. Constable Report: Call on Thursday about burn ban, said okay to start burning again due to amount of rain that has fallen.
E-mail regarding cars parked in field, found out who owner is, and they live in town. Chairman Monsen will draft a letter to be sent to the owner of the field.
10. Plan Commission Report: Ryan & Julie Olson came to meeting to discuss CUP 2023-02601, regarding building caretaker home. This CUP needs to be discussed and approved by board, will need to put on the August 7th agenda.
11. Parks Committee:
Renee indicated that Jackie sent in the meeting minutes for the first meeting of the Parks Committee. She indicated going forward meetings will be on the 1st Thursday of the month. Durning their meeting the group talked with Rural Preservation, they (RP) are sending out an electronic survey and Parks would like to put a question on that survey. Discussed having one bucket swing installed at each park, need to replace the one that was removed. Move a bucket swing from Anderson to a park that is missing one, may need to buy two or three. Motion made by Supervisor Olson to buy 3 bucket swings and move one, Motion seconded by Chairman Monsen. Motion passed 2-0
13. Unfinished Business:
a. Consider portion of Hanerville Road right-of-way width for adjacent Parcel #: 026/0511-352-8010-4, Chris Luzzio 249 Hanerville Road.
b. ATV – Make decision next meeting
c. Cell tower discussion – Report came from County on Friday - tower can’t be more than 165 ft., and has to be lighted.
d. Discussion & necessary action on 2 town driveways – Need to go thru e-mail from attorney regarding procedures & recommendations
e. Weight & speed limit on Hogie & Racetrack Road –.Speed board now up on Taylor lane, still need to get camera’s up on Hogie
f. Painting of White lines at stop signs – Cost for Hogie $750.00. Motion to approve painting of stop lines on Hogie Road by Supervisor Olson, seconded by Chairman Monsen. Motion carried 2-0
14. New Business:
a. Broadband – Resident volunteer – No responses to date, this is posted on both website & Facebook - Kate Mcginnity will come next meeting to give an update.
15. Future agenda items. – Items to put on next agenda are:
16. Adjournment: No further business, Supervisor Olson stated a motion to adjourn the meeting at 7:14 p.m. Motion was seconded by Chairman Monsen. Motion carried 2-0.
Kathy Olson, Clerk
List of attendees
Copy of Bills paid ledger
Copy of Agenda for July 17, 2023 meeting
Copy of Clerk’s Report
Copy of July 3, 2023 meeting minutes