Town of Dunkirk
Dane County, Wisconsin
Town Board Meeting Minutes
October 2, 2023
Dunkirk Town Hall
654 County Highway N
Chairman Monsen called the meeting to order at 6:30 p.m. Also present were Supervisor Olson, Supervisor Jenks, Constable Holte, and Clerk Kathy Olson. See attached sign-in sheet for others present. It was noted by Chairman Monsen that today October 2, 2023, it is currently 84 degrees outside.
1. Welcome and Pledge of Allegiance. The Pledge of Allegiance was led by Greg Holte.
2. Approval of Agenda. Supervisor Olson stated a motion to approve the agenda as presented. Motion was seconded by Supervisor Jenks. Motion carried 3-0.
3. Minutes: Chairman Monsen asked if everyone read the minutes of the regular meeting of September 18, 2023. Supervisor Jenks stated a motion to approve the minutes as presented, Supervisor Olson seconded. Motion carried 3-0
4. Report on Bills: Supervisor Olson stated a motion to accept and approve the bills, approved payable amount is $35,648.35. Motion was seconded by Supervisor Jenks, Motion carried 3-0.
5. Treasurer Report - none
6. Public Comment: -Steve & Julie Dickson asked the board, if or how they could obtain the rights to the township road that leads to their home. They indicated that the neighborhood has been evolving and only cars needing to turn around come down the road. As with other inquiries the homeowner would have to incur all costs involving taking the rights of the road. In this instance Dickson’s would have to get an easement from the school. The board suggested having a “No Outlet” sign installed in the meantime. The Dickson’s will look into the cost and let us know if it needs to go on a future agenda.
7. Clerk's Report: Clerk Olson gave her Clerk’s report, a copy of which is attached and made a part of these minutes. Supervisor Jenks stated a motion to approve, Supervisor Olson seconded. Motion carried 3-0
8. Road Crew: - None
9. Constable Report: - Followed up on a noise complaint that involved load music being played, 2nd complaint. Talked to residents about being considerate of neighbor and shutting it down between 8:00PM & 9:00PM. Resident thought it should be 10:00PM. Ordinance doesn’t specify a time but does state about being an annoyance. It was noted by Supervisor Jenks that if the complaining party goes to Dane County the fine will be far greater if the sheriff gets involved.
10. Plan Commission
11. Rural Preservation Report:
12. Parks Committee: - John purchased trees for parks
13. Complaints: None
14. Unfinished Business:
a. Consider portion of Hanerville Road right-of-way width for adjacent Parcel #: 026/0511-352-8010-4, Chris Luzzio 249 Hanerville Road. Received e-mail from Chris asking if we could still keep on agenda.
b. ATV – Will discuss in future meetings.
c.. Discussion & necessary action on 2 town driveways – Letter will be drafted by Chairman, there will be 2 letters.
d. Report on camera findings – Supervisor Jenks will send pictures to the clerk, to send out letters.
14. New Business:
a. Senior Center – Cindy McGlynn gave a presentation on the senior center and how it has evolved over the years. With fund raising they were able to complete the annex portion of the senior center. The senior center issues a card to everyone who utilizes the facility, this way they can track usage. 1,154 has been the times Dunkirk residents have used the Senior Center, and that is just half year numbers. Cindy is asking the board to consider raising the amount Dunkirk contributes to the center’s funding, as all funding goes to pay case manager wages and programs. The board will talk about this in our next budget meeting.
b. 10/27 Sustainability collaboration – will discuss next town meeting.
c. Next budget meeting – will be October 9th at 5:30PM
15. Future agenda items.
a. Invite the new Dane Co. Broadband representative to meeting.
16. Adjournment: No further business, Supervisor Jenks stated a motion to adjourn the meeting at 7:22 p.m. Supervisor Olson seconded. Motion carried 3-0.
Kathy Olson, Clerk
List of attendees
Copy of Bills paid ledger
Copy of Agenda for October 2, 2023 meeting
Copy of Clerk’s Report
Copy of September 18, 2023 meeting minutes