Town of Dunkirk
Dane County, Wisconsin
Town Board Meeting Minutes
November 27, 2023
Dunkirk Town Hall
654 County Highway N
Chairman Monsen called the meeting to order at 6:30 p.m. Also present were Supervisor Olson, Supervisor Jenks, Constable Holte, and Clerk Kathy Olson. See attached sign-in sheet for others present.
1. Welcome and Pledge of Allegiance. The Pledge of Allegiance was led by Constable Holte
2. Approval of Agenda. Supervisor Olson stated a motion to approve the agenda as presented. Motion was seconded by Supervisor Jenks. Motion carried 3-0.
3. Minutes: Chairman Monsen asked if everyone read the minutes of the regular meeting of November 6, 2023. Supervisor Jenks stated a motion to approve the minutes as presented, Supervisor Olson seconded. Motion carried 3-0
4. Report on Bills: Supervisor Olson stated a motion to accept and approve the bills, approved payable amount is $15,220.45. Motion was seconded by Supervisor Jenks, Motion carried 3-0.
5. Treasurer Report –
6. Public Comment: - Jean gave a summery from the senior center newsletter, listing the programs that are going to be happening for this year and next. There was not a meeting in the months of Oct/Nov so nothing to report. Jean has taken some classes in the new annex and highly recommends it. Jean complemented the new activities director stating she is doing a wonderful job since coming on board at the senior center. Chairman Monsen informed Jean that the township has increased it contribution dollars for 2024 to the Senior Center.
7. Clerk's Report: Clerk Olson gave her Clerk’s report, a copy of which is attached and made a part of these minutes. Supervisor Olson stated a motion to approve, Supervisor Jenks seconded. Motion carried 3-0
8. Road Crew: John indicated that the hitch on the one ton broke and they are getting it repaired. Working on taking down 5 trees and working on new park. Inquired on how to handle the two driveways since December 1st is coming. Was discussed asking to have Collins Road put on road aid list, to date have not heard from the other homeowner.
9. Constable Report: Main concern is ordinance on shot gun only usage, has had reports and calls of hearing riffles being used in areas. Thinks we should put something in paper, website & Facebook stating our ordinance before hunting seasons start. This would help educate residents on what they can use during hunting season. Chairman Monsen indicated we should discuss this further next July, possible having a public meeting to discuss changing the ordinance to incorporate riffle usage. Needs a municipal court cost sheet, Supervisor Jenks will look into getting one.
10. Plan Commission: No meeting in November
11. Rural Preservation Report:
12. Parks Committee:
13. Complaints: There are a couple of residence that have “to much stuff” on their lot. Constable has talked to resident on Tower Dr. before, suggested a board member go with on next visit or send a letter. Was decided to send letters, constable will get names and address to clerk to do so.
14. Unfinished Business:
a. Consider portion of Hanerville Road right-of-way width for adjacent Parcel #: 026/0511-352-8010-4, Chris Luzzio 249 Hanerville Road. Received e-mail from Chris asking if we could still keep on agenda.
b. ATV – Supervisor Olson indicated that there was going to be another County meeting in the future.
14. New Business:
a. Discussion and Adoption of the Town of Dunkirk 2024 budget – As there was no objection in the public meeting and the budget was approved by town electors, Supervisor Jenks made a motion to adopt the 2024 Town of Dunkirk budget, Supervisor Olson seconded. Motion passed 3-0
b. Discuss Letter from SASD – This will be discussed at the December 4th Town meeting
15. Future agenda items.
b. Holiday gathering
16. Adjournment: No further business, Supervisor Olson stated a motion to adjourn the meeting at 7:10 p.m. Supervisor Jenks seconded. Motion carried 3-0.
Kathy Olson, Clerk
List of attendees
Copy of Bills paid ledger
Copy of treasurer’s report
Copy of Agenda for November 27, 2023 meeting
Copy of Clerk’s Report
Copy of November 6, 2023 meeting minutes