Town of Dunkirk
Dane County, Wisconsin
Town Board Meeting Minutes
December 4, 2023
Dunkirk Town Hall
654 County Highway N
Chairman Monsen called the meeting to order at 6:30 p.m. Also present were Supervisor Olson, Supervisor Jenks, Constable Holte, Treasurer Bonnie Smithback and Clerk Kathy Olson. See attached sign-in sheet for others present.
1. Welcome and Pledge of Allegiance. The Pledge of Allegiance was led by Jack Lyons
2. Approval of Agenda. Supervisor Olson stated a motion to approve the agenda as presented. Motion was seconded by Supervisor Jenks. Motion carried 3-0.
3. Minutes: Chairman Monsen asked if everyone read the minutes of the regular meeting of November 27, 2023. Supervisor Jenks stated a motion to approve the minutes as presented, Supervisor Olson seconded. Motion carried 3-0
4. Report on Bills: Supervisor Olson stated a motion to accept and approve the bills, approved payable amount is $25,805.94. Motion was seconded by Supervisor Jenks, Motion carried 3-0.
5. Treasurer Report – Bonnie gave the treasurers report which is attached to these minutes. Since One Community bank has under gone some security changes did not have interest amounts as of this date. Supervisor Jenks made a motion to approve the treasurers report, Supervisor Olson seconded. Motion carried 3-0
6. Public Comment: - Mike Engelberger gave an update on what he has been involved in, the finished budget has 2 million allocated for affordable housing most going to Habitat for Humanity. Is on the Lake & Watershed committee which are working on issues. Election is coming up and will start campaigning.
Rep. Jenna Jacobson introduced herself and gave a little background, she also provided a copy of the Blue Book to everyone present. She provided information on a new roads improvement program being rolled out, she will e-mail information to clerk. Chairman Monsen brought up Broadband wondering if she would be able to help the township with getting service to our rural homeowners. Rep. Jacobson said that the Governor will be signing a bill regarding broadband funding and she would send a survey link out.
7. Clerk's Report: Clerk Olson gave her Clerk’s report, a copy of which is attached and made a part of these minutes. Supervisor Olson stated a motion to approve, Supervisor Jenks seconded. Motion carried 3-0
8. Road Crew: Chairman Monsen stated that the road crew has been working on the new park area. Aaron Knoploh came to discuss the driveway letter that was sent to him. Board instructed him to produce information stating that his driveway in owned by the township and the road crew will start up marinating it again.
9. Constable Report: Steers were out again on Oaklawn Road, talked to owners assistant and he indicated he knew what part of the fencing they were getting thru and will repair it. Board asked if constable could reach out to business on Hwy 51 which is causing a disturbance and not keeping reasonable hours. Suggest to the business to have a neighborhood meeting to discuss the issues.
10. Plan Commission:
11. Rural Preservation Report:
12. Parks Committee:
13. Complaints: none
14. Unfinished Business:
a. Consider portion of Hanerville Road right-of-way width for adjacent Parcel #: 026/0511-352-8010-4, Chris Luzzio 249 Hanerville Road. Received e-mail from Chris asking if we could still keep on agenda.
b. ATV – Supervisor Olson will attend next meeting
14. New Business:
a. Discuss Letter from SASD – Will put this in the January meeting
b. Discuss 2024 Advocacy Council invoice – Supervisor Olson gave a motion to pay the dues for 2024, Supervisor Jenks seconded. Motion carried 3-0
c. Newsletter – Bonnie indicated the newsletter has been sent to the printer
d. Holiday gathering – It was discussed and decided the date for the gathering will be January 27th and the Township will provide the meat.
15. Future agenda items.
16. Adjournment: No further business, Supervisor Jenks stated a motion to adjourn the meeting at 7:15 p.m. Supervisor Olson seconded. Motion carried 3-0.
Kathy Olson, Clerk
List of attendees
Copy of Bills paid ledger
Copy of treasurer’s report
Copy of Agenda for December 4, 2023 meeting
Copy of Clerk’s Report
Copy of November 27, 2023 meeting minutes