Town of Dunkirk
Dane County, Wisconsin
Town Board Meeting Minutes
January 17, 2019
Dunkirk Town Hall
654 County Highway N
Chairman Monsen called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m. Also present were Supervisor Ted Olson, Treasurer Bonnie Smithback, Constable Greg Holte, and Clerk Melanie Huchthausen. Supervisor Quam was absent. See attached sign-in sheet for others present.
1. Welcome and Pledge of Allegiance. The Pledge was led by Constable Holte.
2. Approval of Agenda. Supervisor Olson stated a motion to approve the agenda as presented. Motion was seconded by Chairman Monsen. Motion carried 2-0.
3. Minutes: Chairman Monsen asked if everyone read the minutes. Supervisor Olson stated a motion to approve the minutes of the regular meeting of January 7, 2019. Motion was seconded by Chairman Monsen. Motion carried 2-0.
4. Report on Bills: Supervisor Olson stated a motion to accept and approve the bills payable in the amount $12,256.27. Motion was seconded by Chairman Monsen. Motion carried 2-0.
5. Public Comment: None.
6. Treasurer’s Report: None.
7. Clerk's Report: Clerk Huchthausen gave the Clerk’s report, a copy of which is attached and made a part of these minutes. Supervisor Olson stated a motion to approve the Clerk’s Report. Motion was seconded by Chairman Monsen. Motion carried 2-0.
8. Road Crew: None.
9. Constable Report: (1) Holte emailed Deputy Miller on Sam Miles and Bass Lake Road concerns. His time frame does not work but asked second shift to handle the matter. When Holte spoke with the complaining home owner, the Sheriff had already been there and issued a ticket. (2) He spoke with the residents in the Race Track area who got rid of their rooster. (3) There have been complaints regarding Thayer Every’s property on Highway 138. According to the CUP, all vehicles are to be contained in the pit. Holte will try to make contact with him. (4) Regarding the land locked parcel on County Highway N, the Clerk will write a letter to the homeowner regarding the junk accumulation.
10. Purchase of Development Rights Report. The Committee continues to meet monthly and work towards the referendum at the April 2, 2019 election. The referendum language was approved at their last meeting and needs to be filed with the Dane County Clerk by January 22, 2019.
11. Plan Commission Report. Bill Delehanty provided a report on the Plan Commission meeting of January 9, 2019. They first reviewed the Land Use Plan without any changes being made at this time. At their regular meeting, the Commission discussed the Land Use Plan meeting. They also discussed parcels in the Town that were parceled off prior to 1979. The Committee is working with the County to clarify whether or not these have a building right. No other action was taken.
12. Complaints: None.
13. Unfinished Business:
a. Discussion and necessary action on working with the Dane County Sheriff to provide additional patrol in the town. The Sheriff continues to
provide good service. The Sheriff offered to provide a crime analysis for the Town whenever we are interested. The Clerk will speak with Lt. Bahler to determine when they would be willing to give said report. It would also be helpful to see the comparison with the last report.
b. Discussion and necessary action on Brush Site Agreement with the City of Stoughton. Brett Hebert from the City of Stoughton is discussing the Town
residents using their brush site with the Mayor and Council and will keep us posted.
14. New Business:
a. Discussion and necessary action on Purchase of Development Rights Referendum question for the April 2, 2019 ballot. The Purchase of Development
Rights Committee approved the referendum language at their last meeting. Bill Delehanty from the Committee was in attendance to answer any questions on the Referendum. Following approval, there will be a forum on March 31, 2019, at 2:30 p.m. Supervisor Olson stated a motion to approve Resolution 19-01-01 to Approve the Wording for a Non-Binding Town Referendum on Rural Preservation and Purchase of Development Rights and place the advisory referendum on the April 2, 2019 ballot. Motion was seconded by Chairman Monsen. Motion carried 2-0.
15. Future Agenda Items. Appointment of Ted Olson to the Dunkirk Dam Lake District to replace
16. Adjournment: No further business, Supervisor Olson stated a motion to adjourn the meeting at 7:25 p.m. Motion was seconded by Chairman Monsen. Motion carried 2-0.
Melanie Huchthausen, Clerk
List of attendees
Copy of Bills
Copy of agenda for January 17, 2019 meeting
Copy of Treasurer’s Report
Copy of Clerk’s Report
Copy of the PDR Referendum