Town of Dunkirk
Dane County, Wisconsin
Town Board Meeting Minutes
February 18, 2019
Dunkirk Town Hall
654 County Highway N
Chairman Monsen called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m. Also present were Supervisor Ted Olson, Treasurer Bonnie Smithback, Constable Greg Holte, and Clerk Melanie Huchthausen. Supervisor Quam was absent. See attached sign-in sheet for others present.
1. Welcome and Pledge of Allegiance. The Pledge was led by Constable Holte.
2. Approval of Agenda. Supervisor Olson stated a motion to approve the agenda as presented. Motion was seconded by Chairman Monsen. Motion carried 2-0.
3. Minutes: Chairman Monsen asked if everyone read the minutes. Supervisor Olson stated a motion to approve the minutes of the regular meeting of February 4, 2019. Motion was seconded by Chairman Monsen. Motion carried 2-0.
4. Report on Bills: Supervisor Olson stated a motion to accept and approve the bills payable in the amount $919,339.29. Motion was seconded by Chairman Monsen. Motion carried 2-0.
5. Public Comment: Jeanne Schwass-Long was in attendance to give her Commission on Aging report. She provided the Stoughton Area Guide for Senior Services. They are hiring a new volunteer coordinator. New tables are being ordered. The Center continues to have parking issues with the snow and for residents using the parking stalls. A spring event will be held on May 11, 2019, at the Chorus building. Accreditation has been received.
6. Treasurer’s Report: None.
7. Clerk's Report: Clerk Huchthausen gave the Clerk’s report, a copy of which is attached and made a part of these minutes. Supervisor Olson stated a motion to approve the Clerk’s Report. Motion was seconded by Chairman Monsen. Motion carried 2-0.
8. Road Crew: None.
9. Constable Report: (1) Holte will contacted Scott Schroeckenthaler at Dane County Zoning regarding the junk accumulation on Highway N.
10. Purchase of Development Rights Report. The Committee continues to meet monthly and work towards the referendum at the April 2, 2019 election. The last public forum will take place on March 31st.
11. Plan Commission Report. Bill Delehanty provided a report on the Plan Commission meeting of February 13, 2019. They first reviewed Possin Dane County Petition No. 2019-11398. This Petition is rezoning 1.03 acres from A-1EX to RH-1, shifting of property lines between adjacent land owners. The Commission unanimously approved the Petition. The second item of business was review of the amendment of Dane County Chapter 10 ordinance. The Commission approved the changes and recommended approval. Steve Olson appeared for a pre-application conference. He discussed transfer of development rights for two splits on Highway N.
12. Complaints: Town resident Paul Tyler is concerned about the culvert on Tower. Road Crew member John Bothum has people piling snow in the road right of way, which is a violation of Dunkirk ordinances. He is wondering whether a letter could be mailed or Greg speak with the resident. Chairman Monsen asked Constable Holte to speak with residents, taking a copy of the ordinance.
13. Unfinished Business:
a. Discussion and necessary action on working with the Dane County Sheriff to provide additional patrol in the town. The Sheriff continues to
provide good service.
b. Discussion and necessary action on Brush Site Agreement with the City of Stoughton. No action taken.
14. New Business:
a. Discussion and necessary action on Possin Living Trust, 1345 Tower Drive, Stoughton, WI, Dane County Petition No. 2019-11398, rezoning 1.03
acres from A-1EX to RH-1, shifting of property lines between adjacent land owners. Dale Beske, Trustee for the Possin Estate, was in attendance. He wishes to rezone and shift property lines to sell 1.03 acres to Marge Stockstad, so she can wholly own and continue to operate the Bed and Breakfast. Adding the 1.03 acres is necessary so the bed and breakfast can own the current septic drain field. A preliminary certified survey has been completed. Mr. Beske has provided maps showing the drain field, as well as the history of the parcels. The current Conditional Use Permit will continue under owner Marge Stockstad. Chairman Monsen stated the Plan Commission unanimously recommended approval. Supervisor Olson stated a motion to approve Dane County Petition No. 2019-11398, with the continuation of the current Conditional Use Permit 1964. Motion was seconded by Chairman Monsen. Motion carried 2-0.
b. Discussion and necessary action reappointment of Jeanne Schwass-Long to the Commission on Aging for the Stoughton Area Senior Center.
Supervisor Olson stated a motion to reappoint Jeanne Schwass-Long to the Commission on Aging for the Stoughton Area Senior Center. Motion was seconded by Chairman Monsen. Motion carried 2-0.
15. Future Agenda Items.
16. Adjournment: No further business, Supervisor Olson stated a motion to adjourn the meeting at 7:40 p.m. Motion was seconded by Chairman Monsen. Motion carried 2-0.
Melanie Huchthausen, Clerk
List of attendees
Copy of Bills
Copy of agenda for February 18, 2019 meeting
Copy of Clerk’s Report